We’re kicking off the countdown to the new year with a new feature that will round up everything we think you should know right now about the greater Palm Springs area. This first installment is a little lengthy, but there’s just too much to share!
- New Year’s Eve is tomorrow! Spending it in Palm Springs? Here are some options for ringing in 2015: Palm Springs New Year’s Eve 2014 / 2015
- The Palm Springs BUZZ trolley is now running, providing free transportation throughout the city of Palm Springs. While the normal schedule runs Thursday through Sunday, the BUZZ will be running tomorrow (12/31) to help ensure that you can enjoy all of the New Year’s festivities safely! More info here
- If you’ve seen our flamingo photos on Instagram and wondered how you can visit these fine-feathered creatures (originally hailing from Chile), just head to the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort in Palm Desert!
- Robolights, the fantastical and funky light display in the Movie Colony East neighborhood of Palm Springs, is open through Jan. 6, 2015…don’t miss it!
- It’s First Friday in Palm Desert on Jan. 2, with the El Paseo Art Walk and live entertainment at the Palm Springs Art Museum in Palm Desert by Jesika von Rabbit
- Speaking of flurries, a winter storm is moving in to the area right now, with rain and cold temps expected. It doesn’t look like it will be cold enough to bring snow to the city, but you can get your fix at the top of the Palm Springs tram and it looks like the high desert city of Yucca Valley (home of Pappy & Harriet’s) is also expecting snow on New Year’s Eve.
- While on the subject of modernism, Modernism Week 2015 is just around the corner! The 10th anniversary of the event promises to be even bigger and better than ever, and tickets are on sale now (and many events sell out so be sure to snag yours early!)
- The countdown is on for the release of the 2015 Coachella music festival artist lineup, which is usually announced during the month of January. The event producers released a film featuring highlights from the 2014 festival, which you can view here (and also check out the artist rumors and predictions for Coachella 2015!)
Thank you for such a great 2014, and we look forward to many exciting things in 2015, including the launch of our new Palm Springs Style print magazine (thank you for your patience while we’ve put the finishing touches on issue 1…we can’t wait to share it very soon!!).
We wish you a very happy New Year from Palm Springs!!